Last Updated: July 2020
We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We have adopted internal policies and procedures to ensure that personal information that we collect, store, use and disclose is dealt with in accordance with the APPs. You can see the full text of the APPs online at: www.privacy.gov.au.
Webcastcloud have a relationship with the webcastcloud Customers and not our Customers’ Customers (the Video Viewers). Information we collect from video viewers on a webcastcloud customer’s video website is subject to our customers’ privacy policies. Video Viewers who have questions or concerns about information collected via webcastcloud Services when they watch a video or register on a customer’s video website, should contact our Customer who is providing the video content directly.
Information we collect
In order to provide our Customers and their Viewers with our products and services, we may collect and use personal information about them. If we are not provided with all the personal information we request, we may not be able to supply our products and services to you, and you or your organisation may not be able to participate in future offers of goods or services which we supply.
The type of information we collect is detailed below.
We may collect or store ‘sensitive information’, as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (eg information about ethnic origin, religious beliefs or health). However, where we are required to and able to do so, we will ask for your consent before collecting your sensitive information and let you know the purpose at the same time.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect your personal information from you, whether in person, by telephone, online or in writing. If you submit an order for a Service or complete our Registration Page, we will collect information therefrom.
However, we may also collect personal information about you from someone other than you (for example from other organisations with which you have had dealings with).
How we store personal information
We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold about you and to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Any personal information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We also maintain physical security procedures to manage and protect the use and storage of records containing personal information.
Our employees are obliged and trained to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
We are not responsible or liable for the security of data sent via the internet.
We usually disclose the personal information we collect to our related entities, service providers and contractors that help us supply our products and services. For example, we may disclose the personal information we collect to our information technology providers, providers of marketing and promotional services, professional advisers such as legal practitioners and accountants, debt collectors and insurers.
Except as indicated above, we will not disclose your personal information to a third party unless:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- the third party is our service provider or contractor, in which case we will require them to use and disclose the personal information only for the purpose for which it was provided to them;
- the third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part of our assets and business;
- the disclosure is to a related entity; or
- the disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
Information Collected from Customers.
To enable us to effectively provide webcastcloud Services, we may collect the following information from individuals authorized by our Customer (such as a Customer’s employees) to use webcastcloud Services:
- Name, business email address, business telephone number, company, title and business billing address and payment information and any other information entered on sign up.
- Login credentials.
Information Collected from Viewers.
- Unique IDs such as IP addresses, user IDs or device ID.
- Information a Viewer provide to us when a Viewer enters Personal Information on a webcastcloud Registration page. For example, a Viewer’s name, phone number, address, username, email address, title and industry, password and payment information. Note that webcastcloud collects this information about Viewers only if a Customer elects to use certain features of webcastcloud Services (such as Registration) that are intended to collect such information. Webcastcloud cannot provide certain Services without collecting this information.
- System information, such as device, browser and operating system type and version and screen resolution
- Referring domain, destination domain and destination path.
- Video-viewing activity, such as player loads, number of views, viewed minutes, percent of content viewed, new Viewers, unique Viewers, referrer domains, geography, search terms and other similar information.
- Geolocation data.
- Other personal information of a natural person that may be included in videos or other data that our Customers upload to webcastcloud Services.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies.
To ensure we are meeting the needs and wants of our website users, and to develop our online services, we may collect aggregated information by using cookies or similar electronic tools.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We do not use this technology to access your personal information in our records and you cannot be personally identified from a cookie.
HTTP Headers. HTTP headers are information that is transmitted whenever a webpage is viewed, and contain technical information required for communication between a browsing device and a website server. Other electronic communication protocols (such as those used for email) also use headers to transmit information. Information may be transmitted through HTTP (or other electronic communication protocol) headers to webcastcloud from the Customer’s use of webcastcloud Services or from Viewer interaction with a Customer’s video. This may include information about the device browser, the requested webpage and the computer or device being used (such as a carrier or device identifier).
Analytics. We may use third-party analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to track the use of webcastcloud Services by our Customers. For information on how Google collects and processes information and how to opt out from Google’s collection of your information, please click here.
Purpose of collection
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information so we can:
- To deliver webcastcloud Services;
- To provide our Customers with analytical data and reports about video viewing activity;
- To provide Customer support;
- To enable Viewers to register with our Customers in order to be able to watch video content on our Customers’ websites. webcastcloud collects this information at the direction of the Customer;
- To personalize webcastcloud Services;
- For internal business purposes, such as data analysis, benchmarking, audits, developing new products, enhancing webcastcloud Services, facilitating product, software and applications development, conducting research, analysis, studies or surveys and identifying usage trends;
- To protect the security and integrity of webcastcloud Services, our Customers’ video content and data and our business;
- To meet our contractual requirements, to comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements and our policies and to protect against criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- We may also use information about our Customers: to send Customers information and updates regarding webcastcloud Services, programs and promotions; to fulfill Customer requests, such as to create webcastcloud Services accounts; or complete Customer purchases;
- meet our legal obligations;
- identify our customers, potential customers and their representatives as well as the consumers of our products;
- provide our products and services or other benefits to you;
- communicate with you;
- inform you of any initiatives we think may be of interest to you;
- inform you about our products and services, the benefits of using our products and about offers or other benefits that may become available;
- seek your opinion or comments about our products and services;
- carry out billing and debt recovery activities;
- carry out our management, administrative, quality assurance and complaint handling activities in a professional and efficient manner;
- develop and implement initiatives to improve our products and services;
- contact you to enable us to manage your account (if any) and fulfil our obligations to you or your organisation; and
- In other ways with appropriate consent.
How we may share Information
How We May Share Information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may share, disclose and transfer information, including personal information as follows:
- With the Customer, as part of the webcastcloud Services.
- With third-party service providers we use to support webcastcloud Services and our business. These parties include third parties providing us with services such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, analytics and email delivery services. These third parties are authorized to use information related to you only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- With third parties where the Viewer or Customer has requested to use a third-party service (including applications) in connection with webcastcloud Services and has requested that we provide information to such third parties.
- With our current affiliates and any future corporate subsidiaries or affiliates.
- With a buyer, investor, new affiliate or other third party in the event that webcastcloud, or any portion, group or business unit thereof, undergoes a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition, or during steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g., negotiations and due diligence). You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership, change in use of your personal information and choices you may have regarding any change in use of your personal information.
- With third parties for marketing, advertising, promotions, contests or other similar purposes. If required by applicable law, we will share such data for advertising and marketing purposes only in an aggregate, anonymous and de-identified manner.
- As we believe necessary: under applicable law, including laws outside the Viewer’s or Customer’s country of residence; to comply with any law or directive, judicial or administrative order, legal process or investigation, warrant, subpoena, law enforcement or national security investigation, or as otherwise required or authorized by law; to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside the country of residence; to enforce our policies, terms and conditions; to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates, customers, partners, agents or others; to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliates, customers, partners, agents and any other person or organization; and/or to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We use third-party payment service(s) (“Payment Service”) to process credit card payments for certain editions of webcastcloud Services. Customers agree to include provisions similar to this clause in their own Privacy Policies with Viewers and acknowledge and agree that within their webcastcloud Services agreement, when a Viewer is prompted to provide credit card information, that information gets transmitted directly to the Payment Service. webcastcloud does not have access to full credit card numbers and does not store such information in its own systems. Information transmitted to the Payment Service is encrypted using SSL technology. The Payment Service is required to comply with all applicable privacy and security laws and the rules and regulations issued by the payment card industry and the credit card companies. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like webcastcloud to facilitate the correction or deletion of your personal information with the Payment Service.
International Data Transfers
webcastcloud Services may be provided using resources and servers located in various countries around the world, including Australia and the United States. Therefore, personal information about Viewers and Customers may be transferred, processed and stored outside the country where webcastcloud Services are accessed or performed, including to countries where the level of data protection may not be deemed adequate by the local legal or regulatory authority in the country of origin of the data. When a webcastcloud customer has requested for data to retain within a specific region, those services are met on a customer contractual basis.
The security of personal information that webcastcloud collects while operating the webcastcloud Service is of great importance to webcastcloud. We use organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. No data transmission over the Internet or data storage system, however, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com
Right to Request Information
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to request access to that information by contacting us at the contact details listed below.
We always try to make sure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time you believe the personal information that we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us at the contact details listed below. We will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
We are committed to constantly improving our procedures so that your personal information is treated appropriately. If you feel that we have failed to deal with your personal information in accordance with this policy or the APPs,please contact us at the contact details listed below so we have an opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
Our privacy officer will:
- listen to your concerns and grievances;
- discuss with you the ways in which we can remedy the situation; and
- put in place an action plan to resolve your complaint and improve our information handling procedures if appropriate.
Express consent to collection, storage, use and disclosure
How to Contact Us
Attn: Privacy Team
webcastcloud Pty Ltd
226/20 Dale St
Brookvale NSW 2100 Australia